Friday, October 26, 2007

Nils is Alone...

For the past week I have been at home all alone while Emily has been on a business trip. It has been very boring, and this is coming from a guy who always laughs at his own jokes and spends at least 30 minutes a day making faces at himself in the mirror. Yeah, I know I have school, a couple jobs, friends, and so forth to keep me busy, but it isn't the same. I think I have come to an important realization...Emily is more entertaining than I am. It's true. I enjoy looking at her, talking to her, throwing stuff at her (non painful objects) or saying things that will make her hit me just so I can then be proud of my EXCELLENT reflexes. But alas, she is not here. But don't cry for me, Argentina. She is not gone for long, tomorrow I get to pick her up at the airport in San Jose around 6.

The big surprise? Tomorrow night my school is having a Halloween dance. Yeah, I know I am at a professional school for graduate students, but you would be surprised at how a bunch of 30 year olds think they are 14. Maybe it is there excessive alcohol consumption. I don't know, it isn't important. What IS important, is that I need to talk Emily into going to the party. Last year I attended without a costume. Technically, I did wear a baseball cap, which in my opinion should count, but everybody else failed to see the difference. SO, during the time that we drive back to Monterey from San Jose, I need to talk her not only into going, but I need to figure out what to wear. This is some last minute creativity, which usually isn't my strong suit. But, I do have a genius wife now, who incidentally still has secret fantasies about being a costume designer. So...we'll see how it goes. I'll report Saturday.

His Nilsness

3 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

Nils!
I'm glad you found us! How's the happy couple? Are you guys seriously going to Romania? How's everything going? Say hi to Emily from us when she gets back.
Ta Ta For Now

Unknown said...

Whoo HOO! Good luck putting last minute outfits for the party! :) Hope Emily is not too tired to party. Let me know how the business trip went. :) Love ya.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

It's Jon and Jamie Gardner! Okay! So we noticed your blogsite on Emily Stauffer's and just had to say hi! YOu two have got to be the funniest folks around! Keep in touch! Here is our blogsite:
gardnertreeo.blogspot.com