Friday, February 22, 2008

Trip through Frankfurt


Here's Nils and I in the Frankfurt Airport on the way to Bucharest. My first time "in" Germany.... well anywhere outside of North America really. This was Nils' 4th time, 7th time across the Atlantic ocean. He actually lived in Germany for a month right after High School. The flight over the Atlantic obviously took it's toll on us, even though it only took about 7 hours. Nils did sleep some on the plane while I watched two movies (I just couldn't sleep, it was like 7:00pm Eastern time.) We flew on Lufthansa... a very nice airline which constantly gave us meals, snacks, drinks, and a heated towel.


Here we're waiting in Frankfurt for them to open the second security line to get to our gate. We had already passed through an exact 10 feet away we had already gone through another security line. The airport is enormous and made announcements always in at least two languages. Very cool!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, you're really on your way!! That's exciting :)

When i flew to England with my sister, we flew thru Iceland, from Baltimore. Getting on the plane, still at BWI, the attendants started speaking icelandic to passengers! That surprised me a lot!

I guess they were only doing it to those who they 'knew' were Icelandic, cause one attendant spoke to a young male passenger and he had a bewildered look on his face. She kept repeating, till he sputtered somthing in English.... then she seemed disgusted and "hurump!", and spoke in English to him. I realized afterwards he looked VERY Icelandic. Guess he wasn't!