Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Looks

Okay, we were out on the town celebrating a trainee's birthday when suddenly someone said it would be really cool to have all the guys in the group grow a mustache for the swearing-in ceremony. A few girls were behind the idea and they even went to the trouble of asking my permission for Nils to grow one. So Nils started growing his. After a few days, it was looking pretty good, but every guy tends to say how much they hate mustaches, how creepy they look, while secretly harboring a deep love for them. Definitely one of those complex "love-hate" relationships. So here's what Nils looks like with a -stache....


As a note, Nils also got a really nice hair cut. Cost him all of 7 RON. Great price and a nice job.

For me... I thought I had lost my glasses at the hotel. Luckily the Peace Corps requires you bring a second pair, so I wasn't too bad off. When we made a trip to Bucuresti later, I had the chance of picking out a new pair. Peace Corps gives you up to one free pair of glasses. Here's the new pair. Lilian, one of the staff at Peace Corps helped me pick them out. I like 'em. They're trendy and something I would have never thought to pick out myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little Raul.
http://www.prpop.org/biografias/r_bios/images/raul_julia_foto_archivo_fncp_hs.jpg

Paul said...

Nils, this is Leah writing a messege through Paul. Do you have a van with no windows to go with that new stash, or at least a taco stand?
Love,
Leah

I love it Nils!! -Paul

Sarah said...

The "-stache" post gave Erik and me a good laugh! It's looking great, Nils! Miss you, Emily. Tommy stood all on his own today! Hooray!