Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Facepainting - What a party!

I had no idea kid birthday parties could be so cool! One of our new friends, Linda, put together a fabulous birthday party for her twins. She had fun activities like decorating cupcakes, various games, and a facepainter! So of course, I had to see how cute Jane would look with a little mariposa ("butterfly"... see, I'm slowly learning Spanish!) on the side of her face. Jane sat intently while the lady, who's name happened to be Leidy (sounds like "lady"), gently painted. Then, one of the other mothers at the party suggested I get my face painted too! So I did. Then another mother, with two daughters, one Jane's age, had her and her daughters all painted the same too. It was so so cute! Here's the result.




You can kinda see Jane's two small bottom teeth!

Isn't this just so cute!!

8 comments:

Sharole said...

Very cute! I think Jane's hair looks strawberry in these pictures.

Not to mention her mother has gone lighter??? Glad you enjoyed the party.

We've just been invited to a first birthday party. You've inspired me to get excited about it and go. Don't think we'll get our faces painted though.

Gigi said, hey I want my face painted. I said well you didn't go to that party, so your face didn't get done, just Aunty and baby Jane's.

Toby said...

Maybe you can help the Colombians change from mariposa to mari-rich-a.

Ok lame.

Jane looks so cute! Thanks for the snaps :)

Emily said...

Not a bad joke there, Tobes. "Po" for "rich"... nice.

I lightened the picture a little so you could see the butterflies better. The result was lighter looking hair. In fact, Ellen gave me "dark lights" before we moved to Colombia, but it's very very subtle.

It's amazing how affordable some activities are. There are of course tradeoffs, so other things are more expensive.

Bronwyn said...

Jane's and Emily's face-painting effect is rather artistic and feminine. I like the way it's on the side of the face, as an accent, as in flower borders for a wall. (ha)

I wonder if face-painting will become another option in being part of putting on our makeup =someone paints butterflys and flowers on the side of his/her face everyday (or for special occasions).

Thanks for the pictures. You both look exceptionally sweet.

Love, mOm

Diana said...

So cute! Emily says hi and that she misses you. (me too).

Alissa said...

That's so awesome! I can't believe that she sat thru that. What a champ!

Elizabeth said...

seriously, how do you get her to smile like that?

Cynthia said...

Very cute. She's becoming a small moving person so fast!