Friday, March 15, 2013

Birthdays

We've been traveling around India, Nepal, and the UAE (more on that later).  Since we were traveling when Jane and Harry had their birthdays, we managed a little celebration as a family once we got home. No time to plan a big party.  Ah, well.

I'd been working on a princess dress for Jane, which I finished just in time for her birthday celebration.  As we were getting ready for the party, I remembered a little "pea" costume I'd received from a friend a few years ago.  And then it hit me... The Princess and the Pea!  Here are a few pictures of the kids on their "birthday".  For anyone wondering, they weren't born on the same day but three days apart.
Harry, getting a look as I make the frosting.  He's getting really good at climbing.  He'll be walking soon! And sorry, I can't find a picture of the cake. 
Jane in her dress!  I've had the dark pink material and some of the trimming for a long time.  Glad I finally made something out of it!
Jane and Harry playing with Harry's present.
Cute, isn't it?  Maren was able to capture this picture.  Pretty hard with such wiggly kids!

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Such cute children and what good pictures ! Maren captured the sweetest expressions on Jane's and Harry's faces. That one might be destined for putting on the wall !

Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures with all of us.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love the theme. It is nice to have birthdays close to each other I supposed... double the joy!

Love, Ellen