Monday, October 27, 2008

Ode to a new Nephew

So Nils and I have a new handsome nephew!! His name is William Dennis O'Hara (named for his two grandpas) and was born on Sunday October 19, 2008 at 7:27 am. We were out of town this last week with limited internet access, so we apologize for the delay. In honor of our new nephew, here is a little poem:

What Child Is This?!?!?


What child is this, who still won't rest
While his parents are pretending to be sleeping?
Whom two siblings greet with signs so sweet (who this, Mom?),
While all will be watching the three-kid buggie.
This! This??? is William Dennis O'Hara
Who is named of ancestors of old...
Haste! haste?? you better bring him laud,
The babe (ya know, like baby!), the son of Toby and Sharole-y!

So bring him gifts of gold and other expensive things,
Cuz this kid didn't come very cheap-ly
The cutest of the three, cuz he's small, he's Billy D!
Let loving hearts (only) hold him.
Joy! joy! for the kid finally came out,
the babe, the son of Toby and Sharole-y!
The babe, the son of Toby and Sharole-yyyyyy!

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

What a cute little poem on Willie D. written by his creative and loving Auntie Em....William will enjoy his unique role in his family. As his extended family, we welcome William into the world ! William's Nana

Anonymous said...

I sense some participation in the poem by Nils? I assume the poem was written to be set to the music of Thriller by Michael Jackson?

It is a cute ode, thanks for writing it.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the poem, I just re-read it during my very late evening making cookies for a cookie exchange for RS, this will be my first!

I really like it the poem that is. Right now I have 2 of my boys sleeping next to each other Toby and William. Very cute.

William is a true joy to me. Yep I'm the mother.

Unknown said...

Cute poem. :)